Preparing For Camp
Our campers are split into groups based on entering grade for the fall of 2023:
- Brown Bears: Nursery & Pre-K
- Polar Bears: Kindergarten
- Chipmunk: 1st Grade
- Coyotes: 2nd Grade
- Foxes: 3rd Grade
- Eagles: 4th Grade
- Lions: 5th Grade
- Hawks 6th & 7th Grades
FULL DAY: 9am-4pm (3 Years Old – 7th Grade)
HALF DAY: 9am-1pm (Lower Camp Only)
What to Pack
- Lunch- Campers bring their own lunch every day, lunches will be stored in an air-conditioned room.
- 2 Swimsuits and towels
- Swimsuits should be WORN to camp, with clothes to change into after swimming.
- Hat for hot sunny days
- Sunscreen labeled with your child’s name (to keep at camp)
- Bug spray labeled with your child’s name (to keep at camp)
- Slip-on shoes ONLY for walking to and from the pools
- Water bottle
- Optional – Blanket or pad for resting on (Pre-K and Kindergarten groups)
Sunscreen and Bug Spray should be applied BEFORE the child gets to camp.
Please be sure to label all items brought to camp.
Rain or Shine!
Camp will run rain or shine. In case of rain, activities will be moved inside.
If we are able to run swim lessons, swim lessons continue through light rain, as long as there is no threat of lightning. In case of bad weather, all of our outdoor activities (sports, archery, etc) are easily moved into the gymnasiums. Our buildings are also air-conditioned so that campers can get a break from the heat and sun on hot days.
What About Food?
- DCDC provides a mid-morning snack and an afternoon snack; campers bring their own lunches to camp M-F.
- DCDC is a nut-aware campus. Peanut products are NOT allowed.