Dedham Country Day School (DCD) seeks well-qualified substitute teachers to engage with our robust Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8 community for the 2022-23 school year. This role will provide classroom coverage for planned faculty absences as well as late-notification situations.
At DCD, our children develop a willingness to try, an ability to do, and a drive to care. We strive to facilitate a multicultural and anti-racist education which celebrates the diversity of our community and prepares students with the skills they need to connect and thrive in our diverse world. We know that a broad range of experiences and viewpoints enhances learning and enriches life for students and faculty alike. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC communities or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools, and are committed to an inclusive school experience for all who work at DCD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engaging instruction and implementation of lesson plans for children in grades PK – 8 in a variety of classroom settings, teaching a range of subjects
- Provide effective and respectful classroom management
- Participate in recess and lunch duty coverage if needed
Strong candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree with experience teaching or working with school-age students
- A history of punctuality, responsibility and flexibility with a strong work ethic
- An understanding of the importance in building an inclusive environment and an awareness of anti-bias teaching practices
School Mission and Philosophy:
DCD is proud to offer an educational experience that:
- Provides to each child a unique educational balance of challenging academics, arts, and athletics;
- Embraces an inclusive interdependent community of students, teachers, and parents that fosters trust and encourages children to take risks.
- Creates independent, resilient, lifelong learners through engaging, developmentally based teaching designed to meet varied learning styles; and
- Inspires students to become caring, ethical members of the larger world by emphasizing thoughtful citizenship and respect for self and others.
While this is an on-call, per-diem position, whenever possible, advance notice will be given to a substitute to allow for maximum preparation. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to Katie Ouellette, Special Assistant to the Head of School at email@example.com.