Dedham Country Day School (DCD) seeks a well-qualified full-time IT Specialist reporting to the Chief Information Officer, who will act as the first point of contact for students, faculty and staff requiring technical assistance from the Technology Department. This role answers, evaluates, and prioritizes requests for technical assistance made by phone, email and/or the Help Desk ticket management system. The role includes administrative duties, such as maintaining an inventory database and building good workflows. The IT Specialist also performs hardware and software support.
At DCD, our children develop a willingness to try, an ability to do, and a drive to care. We strive to facilitate a multicultural and anti-racist education which celebrates the diversity of our community and prepares students with the skills they need to connect and thrive in our diverse world. We know that a broad range of experiences and viewpoints enhances learning and enriches life for students and faculty alike. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC communities or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools, and are committed to an inclusive school experience for all who work at DCD. Additionally, DCD places a high value on the professional growth of all faculty and staff and provides outstanding opportunities for individual professional development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to rapidly triage Mac, iOS, chrome OS and windows hardware/software
- Screen, refer and diagnose support requests as they relate to the maintenance of school technology and related software in a timely manner
- Demonstrate comfort and interest in working in an environment with elementary and middle school children as well as educationally-minded adults
- Interact with faculty, staff, and students to ensure a positive technology support experience
- Provide in-person, email-based, ticket-based, and telephone support
- Provide weekly reporting as is needed in collaboration with the CIO
- Assist with hardware deployment and de-commission for faculty, staff and students
- Propose solutions to resolve problems and improve efficiency
- Maintain the support ticket system and database
- Document workflows, technical solutions, and user-facing technology instructions
- Provide AV support to faculty and staff
- Participate in the school community as a contributing member through departmental meetings, regular faculty/staff meetings and professional development opportunities
- Provide weekly coverage for recess/lunch and dismissal duties
Strong candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A collaborative spirit and energy for DCD’s mission and impact in education
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Exceptional client service skills with a critical eye for detail/data errors
- The ability to handle, and ensure the completion of multiple tasks, projects and priorities at a time
- Strong interpersonal skills and a respectful attitude toward all members of the school community, with an awareness of anti-bias practices, and an eagerness to foster an inclusive environment
School Mission and Philosophy:
DCD is proud to offer an educational experience that:
- Provides to each child a unique educational balance of challenging academics, arts, and athletics;
- Embraces an inclusive interdependent community of students, teachers, and parents that fosters trust and encourages children to take risks;
- Creates independent, resilient, lifelong learners through engaging, developmentally based teaching designed to meet varied learning styles; and
- Inspires students to become caring, ethical members of the larger world by emphasizing thoughtful citizenship and respect for self and others.
Dedham Country Day School provides a competitive salary with a benefits plan available to full-time employees. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and names of three references to Katie Ouellette, Special Assistant to the Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.